Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Trekking Poles

Hello Friends.
I just know something is a foot, and it's not just the hiking boots.  Take a look.


These are MOM's trekking poles.  First the hiking boots and now the poles.  What is going on?  I think we might be going on a really good hike.  MOM does not get these things out unless there is something major about to happen, by major I mean a big tough hike.  See over the many, many and one more, many years of my MOM sliding into 2nd base and home plate (for some strange reason she has never slid into 3rd only had to dive back).  And all those years of climbing mountians, have taken a toll on her left knee.  Here are the words of one of her doctors, "Now I don't want to tell you to stop hiking or taking stairs but..."  My MOM said, "That's not going to happen, I will continue to do those things."  Doctor, "Well then aside from surgery all I can say is use a stick or something when you hike to help your knee and put ten drops on each side of your knee 3 times a day of this stuff."  So that's what she has done.  Then MOM's wonderful friends gave her these trekking poles for her birthday this year.

(Excuse the quality of the next photos MOM turned off the flash.)
I am so excited it must mean we are going somewhere good.
"MOM, are we going hiking today?"
"No Goosie, why do you ask?"

Why do I ask she says.  "Well becasue now the trekking poles have joined the hiking boots, so I thought..."
"You thought what Bubba Goo?"
"I thought it means we are going on a hike, maybe a real good hike that requires poles."
"Not today Goose.  But how about we go for a walk."
"Yea OK, but a hike would be even funner."
"I'm sure it would, but for now a walk will have to do."

See friends this is what I call a good hike.  It took several hours to get to this point.  We hiked up this big mountian, so high that the trees could not grow on top.  Then we started a descent into this beautiful area.  And you know what was just around at the bottem to the left?

THIS!  Doesn't this look way better than just a walk?

Maybe my MOM is getting to old to do the "good" hikes anymore.  Maybe she is getting all this suff out to sell in a garage sale.  Well you know what?  That is just fine with me.  I would rather go on just a walk with my MOM than be anywhere else without her.

Blessings,
Goose

34 comments:

  1. To quote the artist formerly (and now once again I think) known as Prince, "I don't care where we go...I don't care what we do...I don't care...just take me with you!" Patience, Sweet Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is lucky you don't mistake those walking sticks for your chewing sticks!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your mom's sticks look pretty darned cool! Don't give up hope, there might be a hike in your future yet!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. We Beaglebratz thought fur shure u wuz gonna start chewin'on thoze polez BUTT it'z a good thing u didn't cuz your mom wood probably not b real happy 'boutz that.

    You r furry much lucky tue b able tue walk or hike in country like that - whenever we go fur a walk, we only c the same old neighberhood - how borin'iz that?
    Shiloh'n Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goose, don't take your eyes off your mom cuz she is up to something!

    Your friends,

    Murphy and Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. You, Cheetoh, and Sneaky Snake better wait a little longer to see what's "afoot". (get it? afoot?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just as long as you spend time together, right?

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your Mommy will be doing something really fun with you! Don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is killin me. I know...I know.
    But I can't tell you.
    I can tell you we are all walking tomorrow night.
    Can't you hear the river callin our names buddy?
    See you tomorrow.
    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, you are a really good Goose! :-) But I hope that you two are going to be doing something really, really cool!!!! I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goose, My Mommy has bad knees and I agree with you, I am just happy to be out walking a little with her than not at all. We can't take long walkies much anymore, but luckily my Sister and Dad take me on real long ones. I hope you get to go on one also very soon.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's no such thing as a bad walk is there mate, even if it's not a hike. My Mum is too old (and unfit!) to climb moutains anymore...hehe! Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely sentiment Goose. Have a terrific Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh i hate all this waiting, im so excited i could burst, i hope something really great happens soon!!!

    Charlene and Stormy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a mystery, Goose ! I can't wait ..!

    Kisses
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh your Mom's got someink weally special planned, Goose...I can feel it in Mez water..This is so exciting..xxooxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning handsome Goose and might I add you are quite a good model. REI should have you on their cover!

    Tell your mom's knees my mom's knees say HI and they feel their pain!! Thankfully Mom's don't bother her on her daily hour long walk but she does not do any climbing. Good for your mom to keep moving...you know what they say use it or lose it!!
    Hugs Madi, Mom and Mom's Knees!

    ReplyDelete
  18. .. I can't wait to hear more, more, more...

    ReplyDelete
  19. We think Bubba Goose is going on a nice long weekend hike!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I bet your Momma has something planned Goose! How nice that you don't care, as long as your with her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. No way she is selling that good stuff. We bet you get to hike. For now, hope you had a nice walk!

    the brown dawgs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Goose, it's such a tease when we all don't know what is happening with the hiking boots and poles. Guess we're just gonna have to have patience (yeah right!) and wait another day or two...

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is so sweet. Doesn't matter where you go as long as it is together. I am sure she's got something up her sleeve G!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Walks are always cool, Goose -- but I have a feeling if you're patient, something really exciting is going to come your way. Really. I can usually sense these things!
    Play bows,
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yea we think something big is gonna happen also. walks are great and if she needs her poles for a walk that's fine also, but we think she got something planed. OH were so excited to find out what.....

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think your momma is building up to a SUPER DUPER AWESOME hike! You'll have so much fun when it's time!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yah just being with Mom is better than anything else!! HAve fun on your walk.

    wags
    Jazzi and Addi

    ReplyDelete
  28. You've got a great attitude, Goose. I hope your mom's knees feel better.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm wondering if your mom is taking you backpacking? I'm sorry she has such a hard time with her knees but I love her adventurous attitude. I can't wait to hear what she has planned.
    Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  30. I agree! Walking anywhere with our human is always special! It doesn't matter if it's a long walk/hike or a short one as long as we are together! What beautiful views you have to look at together too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You have such an expressive face. Enjoy your hike. Hear back from you soon.

    Sankissjuice

    ReplyDelete
  32. Those sure are some beautiful photos. I can't wait to see all the pics from your new hike coming up. :)

    ReplyDelete