Saturday, August 4, 2012

POOP

Poop, yes you read correctly.  That is the title of my MOM's message this Sunday at church, POOP.  She says it has something to do with  Psalm 51:1-12.  HUH?  Has she lost her mind?  Maybe.  She asked me what I thought.  Hummmm, about poop?  Well it happens.  I guess I do know a thing or two about poop. 

 Of course my friend Murphy is the King of Poop.  But he was not available for consultation.  I think he is applying for a job at a bank.  Go HERE to find out why.  If poop isn't your thing I will be throwing in some photos of my evening at the Fort with my friends.

While MOM was preparing for this POOP message she read about this really incredible coffee.  Well first she read about the coffee first, then thought, "humm reminds me of the Gospel."  Anyway this coffee, it sells for up to $300 a pound.  You can buy it online by the ounce.  Some places even sell it by the gram!  What makes it the best?  You won't believe it.  Seems there is this cat in Sumatra.  At night this cat eats coffee cherries and then later, well you know what happens.  Then during the day the humans gather up the cat poop, wash it off and what you get is the best, most exotic, and most expensive coffee in the world.  I think I might want to talk to Allred about a business venture.

But holy dogs, isn't it amazing how God works?!  I mean think about it.  What is honey?  True it is the nectar of nature.  But what is it really?  Bee Poop.  And what is that white paint made of that Geishas put on their face?  Nightingale Poop.  Oh and what do those yummy mushrooms grow in?  Poop!  And the best coffee in the world comes out of the south end of a cat.

And how about the Dove?  Well there is no such thing.  "Dove" is just a poetic name for a bird that many despise.  A Dove is nothing more than a white Pigeon.  Let's think about this.  The symbol of the Holy Spirit is not a Falcon, or Eagle or even a Goose, but a "trash" bird.  The Dove, and Honey, and Mushrooms are nothing more than the equivalent to Poop.  The whole Gospel is based on the idea that what was Poop, becomes the best coffee in the world.

I guess that's why MOM calls Psalm 51:1-12 the Cat Poop Psalm.  It's David's Psalm of repentance after he messed up his reputation and kingship with Bathsheeba.  "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me... Restore to me the joy of your salvation..."

The Gospel is about the way in which what is most weak, despised, contemptible, in your life, can become, through the power of the Holy Spirit, what is most beautiful and radiant, and what can be most a blessing.  We have a Cat Poop Gospel that says whatever there is poop in our lives, God can turn into treasure.

"Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin... wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."  What is the ugly in your life?  You know the poop.  God can turn it around and make it beautiful, an instrument for healing and blessing.

Just look what God did with the poop in the lives of these people:  Moses was a murderer, he recycled his rage and hatred and became a great leader.  David was an adulterer, he recycled his passion and became the greatest of kings.  Easter was a harem girl, she recycled her sex appeal and saved the Jewish people.  Peter was a boastful, swearing fisherman, he recycled his pride and became the rock upon which Christ built his church.  Mary Magdalene was a woman of questionable reputation, she recycled her fallenness and became a saint.  The list goes on and on and on, even right up to today, not just those way back then.

So what about you?  What is the worst about you?  Will you let God take what is stinky Poop in you and make the best cup of coffee the world has ever known?

 Let me tell you what I know to be true, God grabs the pooper scooper and picks up each one of us and says, "Hey, I think I can use that!  It's true.  I have heard about it in my MOM's life and experienced it in my own.

Welp, I gotta go outside and... get a cup of coffee.
Blessings,
Goose

34 comments:

  1. Our human feels much better about scooping poop now! Thanks for helping her see the good in all the "poop" in her life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOF! Mom heard about dis coffee on a movie once!

    ~Mason

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, what a post, Goose. Three words: I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goose you always amaze us and wow today was a great post. Have a lovely Sunday full of fun and sun.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smilin Big :D Goose that was the most enjoyable sermon I have ever heard er read :) Mom says her coffee tastes much richer now ;) You've made my day even better! Thanks pal :D

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful Sunday message Goose!

    I told Mommy to get her butt outside now and start warming up the pooper scooper.....

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wez saw a program on CAT POO, being used to make the most expensive coffee...I's told Mom to start collecting Alfies poo, we might become rich :)Wez might be able to turn it into an anti winkle cream BOL

    Hugs Mollie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does your mom podcast her sermons? Cause we'd love to listen!!

    Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
    http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that was one great message---I was so involved in your Mom's lesson, I need to go back and look at your photos of the fort adventure.

    Saw this quote the other day...
    "for something to be beautiful it doesn't have to be pretty"-anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  10. We all really loved that blog post in my house. Thanks for sharing.

    Hope you've had a wonderful weekend.

    P.S I agree about podcasting the sermons. Great idea.

    Love and licks, Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful message today, Goose!

    -Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Goose, What a teachable sermon today; the visual of bee poop and the other illustrations will stick with me. Yes, my life has a lot of poop still but trusting our Lord to change it into something beautiful, heaven knows I can't.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Wags, Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  13. MOL MOL MOL Goose...
    I've been looking for a business venture...sounds like this is right up my alley. 'Cause I'm a cat and poop DOES indeed happen. I'm going to tell my mom I'm worth my weight in poop!!

    Dear Goose's Mom!!
    I know one thing for certain I would thoroughly enjoy your sermons. I love a sermon that relates to every day life. I bet your congregation loved every minute of today's sermon!
    Hugs
    C

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, we SO wish we lived close so we could go to your church and hear your Mom's sermons!! Now don't get me wrong, we are blessed to belong to our church..butt..we feel the spirit when we read your Gospel of Goose Posts!!!

    Your Furiends,
    Winston, Chloe, Cecil and Mom Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful lesson Goose! I got lots for God to work with here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you guys sure do have a lot of fun and adventures over there
    Snuggles and snorts
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know ... I'm going to look at those ... special somethings Fluffy Black leaves in our yard a little differently now! Maybe I could market it!
    Kidding aside - great lesson, Goose.
    Play bows,
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, we wondered where Mom's homily was headed. Very well done. Now about that venture with Allred - be VERY careful:)

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  19. When we first saw that first pic we wondered if you took some kind of hair growth or something. BOL...but it wasn't you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a good thing you say about poop. Thanks for reminding us!

    Your friends,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great message! It looks like Goose had a lot of fun with his friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Goose! You and your Mom are so profound! We never thought of Psalm 52 as being about poop! Speaking of poop, has Queen Penelope been good?
    Kozmo at the Cat From Hell

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amen Goose, Amen...

    Blessings,
    Maggie Mae and Max

    ReplyDelete
  24. Goose, you and your Mommy speak well. Mommy always uses a plastic baggie to pick up our "number 2."

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, that was a good sermon and it really hit home for me.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful message and great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow!!! i just love reading your posts guys, you come out with the most amazing things, now i dont actually go to church myself but i kind of wish i lived near your one cos i think i would really enjoy it alot!!! you can talk about anything and it makes me want to listen every time and you seem to hang out with quite a few friends from your church that have dogs too, it just sounds so lovely xxx i wish you did have a podcast of your sermons cos i would really really like to listen to them :) xxx or maybe you could make your own you tube channel :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Poop there it is! I LOVE this! Seeing beautiful in poop today. What a beautiful, brilliant way to start the week. What one sees as poop can be transformed into beautiful. Yes! This is extraordinary.

    Goose, have you read Everybody Poops? It's a great little read.

    Also, for Andrew's 30th birthday I rented a Winnie the Pooh bounce house. We jumped around in pooh all day long. It was beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ah Goose your message was just great...Mom says its just what she needed to start out her Monday morning at her poopy job...lololo....also your message gave me an idea of what I can do with "mean ole cat Dietzman"....I could talk him into going to live with that other poopy cat and contributing to the ole coffee bean endeavor um...its a thought! Have a great day!
    Your buddy
    Stella Rose

    ReplyDelete
  30. BOL - i actually had heard about this very special blend of coffee from a dog's friend who drank some last summer while traveling - omdawg - "she is very brave", my peep said!

    who knew?

    what a great day in the Word though. you got the point across just beautifully....even if it started out a little questionably...i actually "got" the message. the beauty of waking up to a new morning each day.

    ReplyDelete
  31. It has been awhile since I read a sermon on-line or gone to church for that matter so reading this post was a HUGE step for me! It's a long story as to why I haven't been to church but let's just say that it was because of poopy people who ruined the joy of attending for me. However, I can now see that those people only made me realize that everyone makes mistakes (including me) and that God can turn any bad situation into a good one! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Woof to you Goose!!!! Great poop story. My assistant never tires of poo stories and discussions. Much love to you - XXOO - Mazzie

    ReplyDelete
  33. Geese flock to places and just won't go. If this happens on your property, call canada geese removal NJ.

    ReplyDelete