Friday, October 28, 2011

All Is Well

My MOM is doing just fine after her surgery, and my attempt to make her dinner. I guess what I do best is love her back to feeling better.
Two days before her surgery she took me and our friend Jenni on a fall hike, so I thought I'd share some photos of our adventure.

Fall Colors
We headed up right through the trees

I don't know why I have to be hooked to this leash. MOM says because the sign at the trail head says I have to be. But really, we are so far up from the sign, I think I should be let loose. I mean, I promise not to chase anything... unless it moves of course.
That's our friend Jenni. She got a late start and she jogged a mile or more to catch up with us. Notice she is not on a leash.

I love it up here

Then we came upon this old car in the middle of nowhere. I tried to get in to take a ride (you know how I love rides). MOM's friend, Gary who keeps our Blazer humming along and is the biggest car guy we know, says it's a 1936 Chrysler with suicide doors. How it got way out here with no roads for miles must be quite a story.
Gary wants me and MOM to take him up there so he can check it out more closely. I'd go again for whatever reason.
I fell asleep on the way home. Great day! Happy Dog! Blessed Dog!

I’m a happy dog on a walk, I yelp and woof and bark
Along with the sound I run around
I’m a happy dog on our walks.

I’m a happy dog on a walk, some may think me off the mark
But I’m not by mistake, I like it more than eating cake.
I’m a happy dog on our walks.

I’m a happy dog on a walk, I hunt like a big hairy shark
The critter's trails, puts a spring in my tail
I’m a happy dog on our walks.

I’m a happy dog on a walk, I’ll be wagging well into the dark
Enjoy fresh air and fun, is my tip everyone
Oh yes indeed I am a happy dog on our walks.


Blessings,
Goose

5 comments:

  1. Oh Goose, I have some girlz who feel the same way about the leash thing!!
    Continue to help your mum heal and feel better.
    P.s. has your mum thought about writing a book with all the wonderful poems she has composed? I think it would be a best seller. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. leash, schmeash... that's all we have to say!

    -Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear she is doing well

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diggity dawg I had a really great comment but it got eraised.....so in short. love the pictures, where did you go hiking and glad your mom is ok.

    Love
    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are some interesting points in time in this article but I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article, thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as well

    Click Here
    Codepen.io

    ReplyDelete