Sunday, June 16, 2013

What's that Smell?

Hello Friends.

PeeeeeeYouuuuuuu.  What is that stench?  On Saturday I went to the Fort to meet up with my core pack, Bert, Baci, Logan, Annie and Sophie.  It was bitter sweet because Baci and Logan were moving to Colorado in a few days.  I'll tell you more about that later.  Let me set the scene for you.  For the first 15 minutes we hung out in the parking lot while Miss Vickie helped a lady with her dog and training.  Bert brought his ball to my MOM and she would throw it across the parking lot over the dumpster and on to the grass.  This went on for 10 minutes.  Then we noticed that Bert was missing.  Where is Bert?  MOM took a few steps to the side and there she saw Bert rolling on the grass behind the dumpster.  He was not just rolling, but grinding his whole body into the grass, he was really going at it.  Them MOM realized, "Oh no he is rolling in something dead."  So she called him back.  O My Lord!  When Bert ran past all of us and to his Vickie you could have knocked us all over by the horrific smell coming from Bert.  I don't mean just bad, butt BADDDDDD.  MOM said it was the worst thing she has ever smelled and we ALL agreed.  Eyes started to tear up and run, noses sucked into our faces.  Our vision got blurry.  Bert however seemed to revel in it.  We walked to the ball field to get away from him and made him stay with Miss Vickie.  As we walked past the dumpster MOM and Paulette saw what Bert rolled in....... PUKE, Vomit, someone threw-up all over the place.  GROSS!  It was stuck all over his furs.

Luckily the  river was close by.  So Miss Vickie made Bert take a bath in the water.  It only sort of helped.  So what does Golden Boy Bert do next?  This...


Wet, Stinky, Golden Boy rolled in the dirt.

"What?  I smell great.  And the humans pay good green papers for a mud bath."

"Who wouldn't want to kiss this face of mine?"

"Goose why is everyone standing so far away from me?"
I'm all for getting dirty, it is fun.  But he still was very STINKY.  In the photo above I made the mistake of standing down wind of him.  "Bert you need to take another bath, the river is just behind you.  Dude really the skunks are running from you."

Annie was so horrified she just sat in the river as far from Bert as she could get.

Even Sophie, who is always glued to Bert, kept her distance.  I guess in this case love has it's limits.

"Oh NO you don't Bert, you are staying in there until you smell like glorious river water."

"That's right Bert soak your stinky head."  
I swear I saw a few fish float up to the top after stinky Bert submerged himself.

All I can say is the dirt washed off real good, butt he was still a little smelly.  So my MOM kept tossing rocks in the river so Bert would keep splashing in.

It's hard to have a good game of tug on a stick when you are holding your breath.

As you can see Sophie drew the short stick and was the one who had to sit closest to Bert. hehhehe.  
This is my core pack: Bert, Sophie, Me, Annie, Baci, and Logan.  I love each one of them, even if at times things get a bit (a lot) smelly.  We're the best of friends through think and thin.
Blessings,
Goose


44 comments:

  1. Bert didn't even look like himself all covered in muck. He sure is a wild one.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every Golden Boy has to let loose once in a while!!
    hugs
    Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, do you think they will still let me work at the hospital Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goose -- You had my mom laughing out loud. Can't disagree with one word of your description. I do love Bert, but if he gets into anything that BAD again, Mom says it will have to be a long distance relationship. The Golden Boy outdid himself this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great story and PUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I can smell it all the way over here. Nice job Bert, I bet you won the "I rolled in the stinkiest stuff" contest paws down.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost didn't recognize Bert with all the mud and muck on him.
    Great post Goose. lol Hope everyone had a good time on your adventure.

    xo Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the picture of the core pack -- can't believe you all hung out together on the tree long enough for a picture!!!! Glad Bert got the stink out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We saw Bert's 'stinky post'..ha ha! I think they have some industrial strength shampoo that can fix him!

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That last picture is great. Oh my that is uber stinky. Yuk yuk yuk. Lucky there was water near by. I once rolled in poop and the peeps were really annoyed. Took two hours to bath me and clean everything up. LOL! Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this on Bert's blog. Wow-wee! You reported this story expertly, Goose. What an adventure. Yuck! Good blog material though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY DOGS GOOSE IT WAS BERT I SMELLED YESTERDAY?
    POOR MISS VICKIE HAD TO BATH HIM TOO I EXPECT
    HUGS MADI YOUR BFFF
    PS
    WE ARE HAVING A TIME FINDING EVERYONE TODAY. MY BLOG LIST DISAPPEARED FROM MY MENU BAR.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the picture of the centre load -- can't believe you all dangled out together on the tree long enough for a image! pleased Bert got the stink out :) . Challenge coins

    ReplyDelete
  13. please don't tell your mom that i laughed all the way throught this story... when i got to the dirt ball Bert i actually howled with laughter.. years ago, hubby went fishing, buried the clean up mess around a bush in the back yard, 3 days later we spied Max doing the same thing Bert did...only it was rotted slimy fish that got all in the fur... i did not laugh at that one...love that last shot of your pack.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trust Bert to find some trouble! Hope Miss Vickie managed to get the smell off him :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great (butt stinky) story! We could almost smell Bert here in NY. Good thing he likes to swim so he could de-stink a little bit. We can see it was still a fun, fun day!

    We REALLY enjoy all the fun pictures.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  16. BOL! What a stinky time! Goosey, you need to tell your Momma that I bet there are geocaches up in your favorite fort! You can help her sniff one out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, I needed this chuckle today. What a story, smelly as it was...maybe skunks aren't so bad!! BOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. BOL!! Oh Bert. I bet he had to get ANOTHER bath when he got home too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is the funniest post! The pictures had me roaring. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness - the whole Bert story! That's so yucky. I hope that he smells better by now (maybe anti-skunk stuff would work - like the Nature's Miracle skunk formula)! Great photos of the pups...

    ReplyDelete
  21. He smells great - I can smell him when I press my nose on the screen :o) I must laugh about Aniie's face - that's funny!!! That must be a great stinky day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hari OM
    BOL,,, BOL...BOL --- I can't breathe///// from laughing. After all i didn't have to smell it! Such a light and fun post today - thank you. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Our first Golden, years ago, found a dead, rotting deer carcass to roll in. That was a smell that didn't come out for weeks!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  24. Barharhar, that Bert, he must really love a good stink, Hey.

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMD!! You had Ma just ROTFLAO!!! This is the bestest story I've heard in a long time! About as long as it's gonna take for that smell to get outta Bert's Furs!!! BOL
    You have one good lookin' pack there Goose!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't imagine being there to smell that. Good thing he loves the water and was able to get it rinsed off.
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great (wet and smelly) picture!!

    The worst I have ever smelled was an egg....uggh...barf. Silly Bert.

    ReplyDelete
  28. BOL! If Sophie bailed on Bert we KNOW it was bad!!!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Ambassadors of Love

    ReplyDelete
  29. Leave it to Bert! Too funny. Goose you always have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  30. It takes a good pal to let a dawg know when it's really time for a bath...If you and the pack wouldn't go close it must have been a really big stink indeed...Bet there was soap and water waiting for Bert at home

    ReplyDelete
  31. OH ICK!!! So sorry you had to smell that! I'm thinking I would pack a bar of ivory from now on if that happens!!! Bleh!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Bert, you get to have all the fun, I love to be super stinky, especially if it's of dead animals..BOL xx00xx


    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  33. A smelly dog is a dog only a DOG mom could love ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. What fun to have a pack to run with. I like to roll in stinky stuff, but I think even I would cross the line at puke!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  35. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Glad Bert wasn't here rolling in something dead. We have enough stinky things!
    www.dogtreatweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I thought maybe the dirt killed the smell...lol. Love the pictures especially the last one and the one of Bert jumping into the water (you know I love those kinds of pictures :)).

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hehehe, that is a lot of smelly mud! It's a good thing the river was there to help...a little bit at least :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh, that must have REALLY been something! Hey, I know. I'd be happy to round up ALL the dog shampoo in our house and mail it to Bert. Yeah. Of course, then Mom wouldn't be able to bathe me, Cams and Davy, but we're willing to make that sacrifice for our buddy Bert! Let me know, Goose. I'm here to help.
    Play bows,
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  39. OMD!!! he rolled in vomit?!?! i can't stand the thought of that but it has my mommy laughing in hysterics.
    i absolutely LOVE the final picture of your core pack.
    wags, bailey

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh so funny - pretty cool you have such a special pack, Goose!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the pictures especially the last one and the one of Bert jumping into the water. Challenge coins

    ReplyDelete
  42. Laughing. Out. Loud! Seriously!! Are you kidding me?!? Oh, Bert, that's NOT okay. Confession: Lilly rolls in cat poop. Yep. She loves it. She prances in the door when she finds some. And while she is really, really proud of herself. It is not cool. It does not smell good. I'm so glad he's a swimmer and could wash some of that off. Goodness gracious! What a day! Hysterical!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I was very pleased to find this web-site. I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.

    Website
    Information
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete