Sunday, August 10, 2014

Gotcha Day


Hello Friends.

14 years ago yesterday was my Gotcha Day.  WOW how time has flown by.  Here is the brief story how I came into my MOM's life and my forever home.

MOM went into a Petco to get some rocks for her Leopard Lizards.  When she walked in she saw all these puppies and doggies for adoption through New Hope Foundation, I was one of them.  She just walked on by.  It had been over two years since her beloved Pete went to the Rainbow Bridge.

That's Pete, a 140 pound Lab/Great Dane mix
 
Mom got her rocks and walked back up front.  A volunteer with New Hope noticed MOM glance at me and asked if she would like to take me for a walk.  MOM said "No", that she was not interested in getting a dog.  The lady kept talking to MOM about New Hope and asked again if MOM wanted to take me for a walk.  So MOM said "Sure".  After the walk MOM gave me back and walked to the back of the store.  She called a friend of hers and MOM said, "Do you think it is time?"  That's all the words my MOM got out when her friend said, "Michelle it is time you opened your heart to another dog."  WHAT?!!!  MOM did not say anything about what it was time for.  So MOM walked back up front and said she would take me home.  The lady gave MOM my leash then told MOM that my adoption fee was $600 (on account that I came from a very good blood line of show dogs, whatever that means).  MOM then handed the leash back and said she could not afford that.  She gave me a kiss on my head and started to walk away.  Then the lady talk to MOM some more about stuff and it turned out that she lived down the street form a couple of kids in my MOM's youth group, "Oh your that Michelle" she said.  They talk a bit more about MOM's kids, and dogs and stuff.  Then MOM turned to leave and the lady put my leash in my MOM's hand and said, "He is yours.  You two belong together."  With tears in her eyes my MOM took my leash and I went to my forever home and life could not be more blessed for both of us. Just think of it, for the first 6 months of my life I was abandoned TWICE by two different people.  Butt the 14 years since then have more than made up for being abandoned.  Just the car ride home with my MOM made up for it. 
 
My MOM took this photo of me with Alane on the 2nd day I was with MOM.  I was attending a staff meeting at church.  MOM calls this photo, "You probably wonder why I have called you all here."  Hehhehe.  Would you just look at me.  Good thing I grew into my ears and collar.  Some say MOM rescued me, and that would be true.  Butt MOM says I rescued her.  The lady from New Hope was right, we belong together and I would add we were meant to be together ,of that there is no doubt.
Blessings,
Goose

35 comments:

  1. Happy Gotcha Day Goose.
    your story is beautiful

    xo Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotcha Days are just the best--mine is just around the corner. Lady Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    All spirit is one; sometimes it fractures; sometimes it mends. Boy, did your two bits of the spirit mend!!! Blessings, hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful story ♥ Happy Gotcha Day, Goose!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that story brought tears to my eyes!! We are so very glad that the two of you found each other! A beautiful story indeed. Happy Gotcha Day Goose!! xo Jeanne, Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOOSE WHAT A BEAUTIFUL GOTCHA STORY. YOU AND YOUR MOM ARE SOUL MATES DESTINED TO MEET AT JUST THE RIGHT TIME. THE LOVE IN BOTH YOUR EYE'S IS LASER BRIGHT.
    HUGS MADI YOUR BFFF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful story, great pictures - I cried :) Happy belated Gotcha Day, Goose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Gotcha Day Goose and YE - you were meant to find each other and be together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Goose, that's such a beautiful and heartwarming story! Happy Gotcha Day to both you and your Mom.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  10. a true match made in Heaven... and I do believe that..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Gotcha Goose and we hope you and mum have a wonderful day.
    Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Gotcha Day Goose & Mom! Your story made us a little leaky.
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very, very happy Gotcha Day young Goose, how could mum resist you, you really fell on your paws there mate. Luv's Cat Flap Cavalier X

    ReplyDelete
  14. THIS is the mostest BEAUTIFUL story of LOVE and DEVOTION and What is MEANT to BE that we have EVER heard.
    HAPPY HAPPY GOTCHA DAY dear FUREND.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful story! And you two really do belong together! Happy Gotcha Day, for both of you!

    -Fiona and Family

    ReplyDelete
  16. {Sniffle Sniff} Such a Hap-Pee Story! {Kleenex pleeeze}

    HAP-PEE GOTCHA DAY, GOOSE! YOU GOT GOTTED BY DA BEST FAMILY EVER!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That story brought a tear to our mom's eye. You two sure were meant to be together. Happy Gotcha Day Goose and Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You and your MOM definitely belong together! I'm so glad that she realized it and took you home. Happy Gotcha Day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful story Goose..we came over form our friend Easy's blog to wish you a wonderful 14th gotcha day ..what a grand age and hopefully many more years to celebrate...with hugs from us all Fozziemum xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad that you found each other those many years ago. Happy belated Gotcha Day Goose and Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  21. yes, the lady was right. You two belong together. You found your mom and she found you at the right time. Sometimes things can't be better! I wonder, if we maybe are really related. My dog-Granny came from your area, so it can be possible. Happy Gotcha Day to you, dear Bro.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Goose. I am sorry I am a day late in wishing you a very Happy Gotcha Day. I love your story...and I mean "your" in the sense of you and your mom! You were both rescued that day in Petco and that is a wonderful thing.
    *Cairn cuddles*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dude...you made mom's eyes leak. Happy Gotcha Day, Goose!!

    -Bart, Ruby and Otto

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aw Goosie, you looked like such a young pup in that photo. We love the big ear ratio. No doubt, you and your mom were the pawfect match!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Mayorz For All Paws

    ReplyDelete
  25. we are so happy you and your mom found each other.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  26. Goose, that is the first time we have heard the story of your Gotcha Day - incredible - we have to think there was some divine intervention there. How else could you and Mom have ended up together in the most perfect relationship!!!

    Happy Gotcha Day!!!

    BTW, Pete was a handsome boy!

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  27. DOOD !!! a multee tood oh blessings and best biscuits two ewe fora happee bee lated gotcha day...heerz ta another 14 and a yeer a head filled with happee ness, health and 3 car bumperz......yur mom's gotta let ewe chew on at leest...one !! ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your adoption story is beautiful it brought a tear to our Lady's eye. We are so glad you and your mom found each other.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, Goose!!! What a wonderful story!!! Happiest of happy Gotcha Days to you and to your MOM!!!!!!
    We all have misty eyes here. Yours is a beautiful story!
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your story makes me cry. I remember it from last year... about the waived adoption fee because your mom is such a good person and because "you two belong together". That person was so very right. I know that it goes both ways. Your mom rescued you and you rescued her. Happy Gotcha Day, dear sweet Goose.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love this story. I could hear it over and over again. Happy seeing beautiful on gotcha day!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift.

    Website
    Information
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete