Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Thoughtful Thursday

Friends.

When I got home from work on Wednesday I received the most thoughtful note in the mail.  I should tell you that since Goose crossed the Rainbow Bridge the time I spend at work (between the homeless shelter and church) has increased.  I have always worked a lot of hours but recently it has increased a great deal, working 14 to 17 hours a day.  I don't say that as a "woe is me", I love what I do.  Just without my Goose I find myself working more.  The last two weeks have been especially intense as we have moved out of the old shelter and into the new facility.  This is a HUGE endeavor.  Have you ever moved a homeless shelter without skipping a beat as far as feeding and sheltering people and pets?  Of course as the kitchen manager/chef it is my responsibility to get the kitchen and all it contains moved to the new facility all the while still feeding everyone each day.  But by the grace of God it has all gone well.

With that said, when I get home I am beyond tired and sometime frustrated.  When Goose was with me he was my comfort on days like that.  Always there to listen to me, snuggle with me or make sure I get out and take a walk and just relax.  I really needed something like that on Wednesday.  So as I said when I got home there was a special card from a very especial guy and his staff.  Of course I'm talking about Gooses brother EASY from across the pond (France). 

Look at that Beautiful card!  That is Lavender that EASY gathered himself with his own paws.  EASY I cannot tell you how it lifted my spirits. I even put aside the work I brought home with me and held your card as I took a walk.  I'll say it again, Blogville and it's citizens are the very best.  Could you imagine this world if it were more like Blogville?  I can and it would be perfectly beautiful.  Hugs to you Easy and your staff.
Blessings,
Michelle

20 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how the smallest act of kindness can turn our attitude around? This made me misty eyed and put a smile on my face.

    Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwe...that Easy is just the bestest furiend evers. I knows Goose is always with you, sometimes you just need a gentle nose-nudge to let go.
    {{{hugs}}}
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww. So thoughtful, Easy. What a blessing you and your staff are to Goose's mommy.
    So sorry you are feeling his absence so strongly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gud furiends Easy and his staff are! Da world would be a better place if it wuz more like Blogville....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari Om
    It would indeed be as close to Heaven on Earth... at least our corner is working that way! Blessings, YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you...the world would be a MUCH better place if it was like Blogville! It was very thoughtful of Easy and his family to send you that beautiful card with special lavender. Just a beautiful gesture of friendship. Sending hugs to you today. Take care of you! xo Jeanne and the girls

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great that my paw-made card made it over the big pond :o) and I'm glad it brought some joy to you... I bet it was a super hard piece of work to move with a whole shelter, I would feel like the needle in a haystack with all the additional work you have to do. but fortunately everything went well and the people and the pets love their new place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sometimes the messages to just slow down and take it "easy' come in the most unexpected ways :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Easy has some sort of Special Magic about him, doesn't "HE"????
    Perfect timing.
    We are glad that his card arrived just when it was needed most.

    ReplyDelete
  10. God's blessing on you for all that you do for others..

    ReplyDelete
  11. We agree Michelle blogville is the place to be....we are all blessed. We are glad your move is coming along, we know it is a lot of work. stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  12. We bet Goose appreciated it too
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  13. This made us smile and tear up too. Easy and his staff are wonderful
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a kind thing to do! And the timing sounds perfect!
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thiz bee total lee awesum oh easy to due thiz..... !!!! him haza sense oh noe inn when peepulz knead a helpin hand.....rock on easy & high paws two ewe....thatz cat for.... way kewl ~~~

    { heez all sew grate at twooz day teaserz at Sammy from One spoiled Cat's blog } ♥♥♥

    we hope de rest oh de mewve goez az smooth az butter ~~~

    ReplyDelete
  16. We think Goose told Easy to send it.

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a perfect and perfectly timed gift. Please remember to take care of yourself.
    Luvs
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  18. After scan a handful of the articles on your web site these few days, and that i actually like your type of blogging. I tag it to my favorites web site list and can be checking back shortly. Please look at my information processing system additionally and let Maine recognize what you think that.
    Agen Bola Online
    Agen Bola Terbaik

    ReplyDelete