Monday, August 31, 2015

Are You Coming?

Friends.

A few have asked how I got the photo below.  Quiet simple really.  Bert and I are hiking along a moose trail along side a marshy area.  Fairly ruff going as the ground next to the water area is soft and when you follow a moose trail along there are holes, extra soft spots, mud, mud, mud.  After trekking a ways I thought, and Bert was certain, that we should cross to the other side of the marshy area and see what was over there.  The problem with that is it's a THICK area with brush, bushes, mud, mud, mud.  But nothing ventured nothing gained, right?  So we set out.  Bert just busted through the stuff with the greatest of ease.  Me however....

"Hey what's taking you so long?"
"Well jeeeez Bert, I don't know.  Maybe a little things like all the brush and branches.  The squishy ground and the mud."
"Hummmm.  Really, I did not seem to notice.  I didn't have much problem at all."
"So I see."
"Come on Come on.  Nothing to it, just follow me."
"Bert?"
"Yes."
"You see those four things attached to your body that you are standing on?"
"Yea, my legs, what of it?"
"Well my Golden Friend, you have four of them, I only have two and I'm higher off the ground than you." 
"Yea, and your point is?"
"My point, Goldie Locks is that while you are in four wheel drive all the time I have to get on my hands and knees in order to get through."
"OK, OK I get it. But I see you are in four wheel drive now, so what's the hold up."
"The hold up, my oh so inquisitive pup is, you are standing on my hand!"

Blessings,
Michelle

15 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Hah.... now the next question is, were you as got up in 'fatigue disguise' as Bert clearly managed?!! Totally blending with your surroundings there, Bertie-boy!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I now need to clean my computer screen!! Loved your conversation:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, that's true... humans haven't that offroad equipment we dogs have.... they need a hook than we can tow them... I mean such a leash is a good towline :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a perfect little love story.
    Calling Bert Goldilocks was hilarious.!
    xo Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha well that is just too cute! Gotta love Bert in his mud camouflage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOL! Oh, Bert sure knows how to bring out the smiles and laughter! I sure hope you both had some fun in the mud!
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too funny. We love the look on Bert's face.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BOL some buddy will be getting a bath
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can see the smile on his face!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yuck, you are brave! I wouldn't have attempted crawling through the mud, even with an adorable companion like Bert!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BOL!! Yuppers, those peeps are super duper slow on their two paws Bert!
    Looks like you showed her the way though!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. We call it "four paw drive"!!!!! It is much better than our "two foot drive"!!!! I love the time you're spending with Bert!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Goldie Locks". Ha roo roo roo!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad that you and Bert are able to spend so much time together. I am sure that he misses Goose too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really admire the necessary concepts that you simply provide within the content. i'm trying forward for additional necessary thoughts and additional blogs.
    Kunjungi Website
    Kunjungi Website

    ReplyDelete