Monday, April 3, 2017

I Made Momma Cry

Hey All

Yep I made my momma cry.  I didn't mean to, it just happened.  I'm going to let her tell you the story.


On Friday I went to work (The Lantern House Homeless Shelter), some employees wanted to see Buddy. After stopping at my kitchen I went to the main building. Buddy got lots of hugs and pets and belly rubs. When we left the main building out the employees entrance I went left (to the car) but Bud went right. He wanted to leave some pee mail on the grass. When he was finished he kept heading right, with what seemed to be a purpose. So I followed. He stopped on a special piece of concrete. 19 months ago we moved into our current facility. And 19 months ago our director had a special piece of concrete poured outside the employee entrance and we all put our hand print in the concrete and wrote our name. Then someone said, "What about Goose?" I got all choked up as my fellow employees wrote his name in the concrete and drew a paw print (Goose helped raise funds to build a pet area at the shelter.  He went to The Rainbow Bridge 3 months before we opened our new facility). As I looked down at Buddy he was standing over Gooses name and paw print just looking down at it. I don't think I have to tell you, it flat out brought me to tears.
 
Blessings,
Buddy and my leaky eyed momma
 

11 comments:

  1. So sweet and wonderful. Leaky eyes here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. made us cry too! how special
    hugs
    Mr BAiley, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful story. I am sure they have a connection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari om
    Uncanny, how knowing our pawfriends can be... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Buddy you just made our momma's eyes get all leaky too. We just know that Goose led you to that spot to remind you and your mom that he is watching over you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a grreat story! Momma's eyes got a little leaky too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That. Is. So. Beautiful!!!!!!!
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete