Sunday, February 19, 2012

New Life

Christmas 2010 my gal pal Belle's mom made me a blankie.  I love that blankie.  Almost every night I cuddle with it, carry it around, and love on it.  But MOM said it was time for a new one.  I don't know what she means.  Let me show you my blankie.



MOM put my blankie in the recycle can.  Moments later I took it out.  She put it back in.  I took it out.  MOM sighed, gave me a pat on the head and a hug and then put it in the recycle can again.  Then she led me out to the Blazer.  I was sad.  She went to a few stores.  Then when we got home I went to the recycle can, but MOM said "Hold on I have something for you."  She sat me down on my bed and she gave me this.


Out of the ashes (or recycle can), God raises up new life. From the old life,  Christ can and does calls us to lives of love and faithfulness and to begin anew. "And the one seated on the throne said, 'See, I am making all things new!'"

There are many ways to think of God's desire and true ability to make things new among us, but on this day I'd like to think of how agape (unconditional love) fills that purpose. Jesus' commandment "to love one another" is new, but it is also renewing. It restores broken relationships (and blankies).  It brings about reconciliation. Agape has the power to transform otherwise hopeless scenarios.  Agape when it is seen and enacted helps give us a vision of what God's kingdom is like right here, right now. 

Blessings,
Goose

4 comments:

  1. I love your new blankie, butt I can understand how sad you are to lose your trusted old furend.
    I didn't see ANYTHINGY wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well ... err ... but can't you show love for the new blanket AND the old one? And I"m not just saying that because my own mom keeps trying to get me to part with my really cool polar bear blanket. No, no, not at all... well, OK, maybe a little. But we can love ALL things... right? Ha roo roo roo!
    Play bows,
    Zim
    PS: I'm just kidding and mean no disrespect whatsoever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing what love can do. It can make old blankets new and tired souls comforted. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Goose,
    My hairy Slobbery sister Bob has a stuffed cat. She has had it since she came to live with us (11 years ago)! It has one well chewed ear and is missing an eye form when Sam was with us. BooBoo has been washed so much she has lost some furs, but she is still Bob's cuddly bed time friend. Maybe your Mommy could make your blanket into a stuffed toy!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete