Thursday, April 5, 2012

EASTER

I said to MOM, "I need to post something about Easter, can I do it on Saturday?"  MOM told me that until Monday she was very busy and she was not sure when there would be time.  "What? But I want to talk about eggs, someone like the Easter bunny thing and asked what I knew about eggs and I have something to say."  Then I gave her "the eyes", you know what I am talking about.  So she said if I wanted to do it, it would have to be now cuz after tonight she wasn't sure when there would be time before Easter.  So I know it's a little early, but this dog will take what he can get.  Here goes:




How many of you have watched or will watch our peeps color Easter eggs?  Easter eggs, with their beautiful, brightly colored, decorated shells are MEANT to be broken, peeled, revealed. The constricting shell of sin and death that had held humanity captive for so long lay shattered by the power of Jesus’ resurrection. Every pink, blue, green, and purple smudge under fingernails or on your paws is a sign of Christ’s triumph over the prison of death.























C. S. Lewis once said, “It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.” What Lewis is “pecking at” here is this: we must be hatched, or we will “go bad.” We must “break out” of the death grip the world would hold us in and fly into the new life that Christ’s resurrection offers to all — however scary and strung with surprises that journey might be.























Jesus calls us to a resurrection life, a new life that demands we “break some eggs” so that we may live celebrating the power of life, instead of cowering before the threat of death.





















Some don’t want to truly “break-out” of their eggshells, don’t want to embrace the invitation of a radical resurrection life, don’t want to throw their safe circular eggshell against the wall. We need to “hatch out” from a safe, socially acceptable life and embrace the resurrection life that our Savior offers us.























Resurrection life has no down side, because there is no fear of destruction or denial or death. Resurrection life means the end of death is not a dead end. Resurrection life offers us a life with the resurrected Lord. Jesus’ death and resurrection has given death its ultimate beating. When Jesus rolled the rock, there was a rolling away of despair, rolling away of delusion, rolling away of sin and guilt and shame.  “Because I live,” Jesus said in John 14:19, “you also will live.”

All we have to do is throw a few eggs against the wall, and show up to meet our Savior. Hallelujah. Christ is risen!
Blessings,
Goose

33 comments:

  1. Hmmm, interesting concept, Goose. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I get to eat the insides after I toss those eggs against the wall!

    Seriously, I thought that was a great message, and I loved the quote by C.S. Lewis! Even when we have pretty shells, it's the stuff inside that really matters, too. You can be a good egg or a bad egg, but it's not because of what your shell looks like.

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Kudos to the Mom fur goin above and beyond wif the bunny ears and tons of eggs! We wouldn't be able to say no to those eyes either! Happy Easter! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow oh wow Goose!!! You went ALL OUT for this post!!! What an awesome post!!! Love all the eggs and the message and everything!!! Happy Easter!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  5. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM! Dat was just my jaw hittin' da floor! Don't worries, I okays. What a PROFOUND message heres. We must be hatched in orders to "fly"
    Dude, what is your MOM thinking withs da bunny ears...I mean you do looks too freakin' adorables though. Ooooooh shoot...I so hopes my mum don't sees dis cuz then I'll has to be subjected to da bunny ears...eeeeeeek!
    Goose and MOM, I hopes ya'll has a most beautiful Easter!

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehehe...of course I has a machine. It's so I don't evers miss any meassages from my fans and my bestest evers buds.
    Nows Brudder Goose, what time is you gettin' me to goes to Da Dachsies withs Moxie? Make sure you don't eats all da pickled eggs,kay?

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTFUL, Goose! We have chills! Did you get chills writing this? I'm so glad this is a post I can return to over and over again. You're right, we have to hatch. We have to break free. It makes us so much stronger. We are so honored to be sporting your picture on See Beautiful today too!

    http://seeabeautifulworld.blogspot.com/2012/04/pay-it-forward-with-eggs.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post! You look great in bunny ears Goose! Have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just discovered your blog through Seeing Beautiful. Love it and love Goose! Good stuff!
    www.greetingsfromtx.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Easter Goose.... Darn buddy you have 87 bazillion EGGS and you even made WORDS with them!
    THIS was a super duper post... LOVE the Ears!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Easter Goose! Thank you for the inspiring words.

    Your pal, Pip

    P.S.: I guess our assistants had the same idea with the bunny ears!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with Mr. Pip- quite inspriational!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Oh! That CS Lewis post is one of Mommy's favorites! Me loved your post today and you knows what Goose!?! me would Loves to pop out of my tunnel at your house!
    Kisses
    Nellie Bellie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woof! Woof! LOVE it GOOSE. Happy See Beautiful Friday. Lots of Golden ALOHA n Woofs, Sugar

    OH! BTW we got an idea. We will send you an email. Golden Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goose! That was beautiful! We never thought of Easter eggs in that way before! You are one amazingly insightful pup, my friend! Easter truly is about breaking out of the shell of sin and death! Christ has RISEN!!!
    We love this. We love you. We love your MOM. We hope you don't mind, but our mom is going to post a link to this post to her FaceBook wall. She thinks a lot of people would enjoy reading it!
    Luv,
    Dave
    PS: Mom thinks you look adorable in your bunny ears....

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a message these eggs give us. We're dying ours tomorrow!

    xoxo,

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been looking forward to this post and Goose my friend, you did not disappoint! The only thing that concerns me is that you are giving my mother the idea that she needs to get some head gear for me. Sheesh . . . life is full of surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Easter to you and your mom Goose. So fun to see you amidst all the eggs and of course your lessons are always so on target.
    Hugs to you today.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful Easter post Goose, and the pictures are great too. Happy Easter to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looking good in those ears, Goose!
    Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very moving post, Goose. Thanks for sharing it!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  22. He is Risen Indeed!

    Goose, I always get the goosebumps when I read your posts! Thanks for sharing your Easter post and your darling pic's!!
    Your furiend,
    Winston

    ReplyDelete
  23. Howdy Goose and Mum, Happy Easter to you both. Hope your weekend is lovely. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory (and Carol)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks Goose! Wonderful message and pictures.
    Happy Easter!

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Goose, you look adorable in your bunny ears. I just had to make Starr come look. She thinks you're so handsome.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous colorful happy hoppy Easter Goose & MOM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Easter! Your pictures are 'pawesome' and I am glad you are feeling better! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Easter. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful message.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Easter Goose and to your mother too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Easter to you and your Mom Goose!
    Great post.
    Absolutely love your bunny ears!

    Extra Big Nose Pokes
    The Thugletsx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Easter to you and your MOM, Goose. You are a good sport to wear those bunny ears! I love all the eggs.

    ReplyDelete