Friday, February 12, 2016

A Day of Beautiful Surprises

Hey All.

You may know that tomorrow, February 14th, would have been my angel brother Gooses 16th birthday.  He gave my momma 15 and 1/2 years of pure joy, love and beauty.  And like I said already he paved the way for me to my momma's heart.  Well he also touched many other hearts.  Yesterday momma and I were overwhelmed with emails, texted and phone calls in honor of Gooses birthday.  Every single one very touching.  We also received three gifts, two of which I will share with you today (the other one later on). 

First I received a package from Easy Rider.

He sent a beautiful card in honor and memory of Gooses birthday.

And he included Greenies for me!

"giveittothepitbullgiveittothepitbull"  Did I say that right Easy?

Thank you Easy my bro.  Now even though there is water that separates us we can still share a snack together.  My momma loved the thought and card behind your beautiful gesture.

Then my momma's friend, Cindy, stopped by the house and she brought momma a gift for Gooses birthday.  Momma and Cindy have been friends for years.  Cindy's kids use to be in momma's youth group.  But they are all grown up now and have families of their own.  In fact momma officiated both Cindy's kids weddings.  AND at Thanksgiving when Cindy's daughter, Amber, and her family came to town they asked if I could come over because Amber's kids wanted to meet me.  They even took me on a walk. 

This is what the gift Cindy made for my momma.  This is my momma's favorite picture of her and Goose, it was take one year ago today by Dr. Liz.  But this is not just a picture in a frame.

Nope.... Miss Cindy took that picture and she cross-stitched it!!!  Isn't it beautiful?  Momma was so overwhelmed by it.  It looks just like the photo that was taken.  Amazing! 
 
Thank you to everyone who has reached out to share your love of Goose with my momma.  Momma says that she must be the most blessed woman in the world.  And she said that she is even more blessed because me and her are together.

Blessings,
Buddy







9 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Aw Buddy, that is just the most beautiful thing.... and as for Easy - well he's all heart! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh of course, you said it right Buddy :o) I will raise my greenie tomorrow to honor the famous silvermistygrey brother :o)
    the cross-stitch picture is an artpiece... I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are wonderful gifts and that cross stitch is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. These gifts show that even though he is not physically here Goose continues to have an influence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that cross stich is awesome. in the first shot i thought it ws the photo and i do remember that photo. so happy you are there to comfort mama and love her..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful and very thoughtful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The picture is beautiful!! It was so nice of Easy to send greenies and a card, he is a cool dude.

    Happy Valentines Day

    Ziggy Out!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cross stitched picture is so beautiful and such a touching remembrance. I hope yesterday and today bring you and Buddy nothing but happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cross stitched picture is so beautiful and such a touching remembrance. I hope yesterday and today bring you and Buddy nothing but happy memories.

    ReplyDelete