Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Force is Strong

Hey All.

WOW! this Blogville is one amazing place.  Thank you so much for making me feel so welcome.  As you know my name is Buddy and I came to my forever home to live with my momma, that's what I call her, I'm a Southern dog after all, just one week ago.  I just could not be happier.  I have a wonderful home, with just about the best yard ever.  In my short time here with my momma I have experienced so many wonderful new things.  Things like hiking, swimming (I need to work on that one), lots of Angel Gooses friends have greeted me, going to church, off leash romping and so much more.  Momma has told me all about my brother Angel Goose.  WOW he was just amazing, I have some big paws to fill.  But my momma said I am my own dog and there is no need to be exactly like Goose.  I have to say that is a relief.  But I will say many of the things Goose enjoyed I am finding I love too, like hiking. And there seems to be one thing that I never knew I would care so much about and enjoy.

There I was enjoying my big back yard, when I heard a voice.  Yes a voice.  A voice giving me a mission.  I was unsure at first.  I thought I might be delirious with happiness at the realization that I have a forever home.  But the voice was strong. So I heeded it's call.

"Save the sticks" it said.  "Save the sticks."  So I looked down and there on the ground was a helpless stick.  With the voices help I picked it up.  Oh My Goodness, the feeling I felt.  Helping something that could not help it's self.   I now knew what my mission in life would be... saving sticks.

I could tell the voice was pleased.

I now knew what my mission in life would be... saving sticks.

Then the voice said not all sticks are the same.  Some are small and some are large.  But all needed rescue no matter size, color, or type.  No matter what the sticks are called: sticks, branches, logs, stumps, even trees.  Then the voice said this is an important lesson in life.  No matter the pug or Pit, Golden or Wiem, black, white or zebra strip.  Always be kind and help those in need.  For one day you may be the rescuer and someday you may be the stick.   I was confused, not sure what that meant.  Then the voice guided me to what he called his "rescued beaver sticks". 
 
B--E--A--V--E--R?  What's a beaver?  The voice said it is a creature that saves sticks as well, and uses the rescued sticks to make it's home.  The voice said I will see a beaver soon enough when I go hiking, but for now I needed to practice saving beaver sticks or what some call beaver logs, because they are bigger and longer and heavier.  I must be a fit dog if I am to give my all to save any stick in need.

Oh My Goodness beaver sticks are big! 

.And I found that they can be hard to handle.  But I was determined.

Come on Beaver Stick work with me.  I am a stick saver in training.  I'm only here to help.

The voice kept encouraging me. And I felt his presence strong within me.

Soon I began to find my way.  Starting slow in my carrying style.  Balance is key.

In no time I was carrying the beaver stick across the yard.  Slow and steady.  My confidence was building.  I could tell the voice was proud.

And with the voices encouragement I began to run with the beaver stick.  It felt light as a feather.

The voice smiled, I could feel it.  And I smiled too.  And my momma smiled with tears in her eyes.  My purpose in life revealed.  The voice said yes, but that is not my only purpose in life. 
 
My most important purpose and mission is to love and care for momma, the one he calls MOM.  And that sounded like the most important and beautiful thing to me.  Momma said the voice, the one she calls Goose, is strong in me.
Blessings,
Buddy






37 comments:

  1. Tears. We are so happy you found your way home.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love this post. so happy for both of you. I have photos of Jake carrying big sticks like that.. Buddy your last name is Beautiful... and I see beautiful in every photo. happy dance for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so thrilled that you and your Momma found each other - our Mom says you two are the perfect match for each other! (And we've seen some of your photos - you look perfect to us, too!)

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hidey Ho Buddy aka Stick guru!
    Mom tells me all the time those who 'came before me' paved the way to her heart for me. Your mission is the same as dear Angel Goose,...you will be working your miracles from a different body. I'm amazed at your ability to carry such big sticks. For sure you were receiving divine intervention. Your momma will see Beautiful every day in your loving eyes. Bravo on this inspirational post. That is another thing Angel Goose did...inspire all who knew him!! Well done my Buddy, Buddy
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you and your momma found each other. You're definitely your own spirit, but with a sprinkling of Angel Goose. Enjoy your new life - and may you always continue to help everyone See Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, Buddy. You are indeed your own sweet soul but carrying out Goose's mission just the same. That is remarkable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buddy that's so great that Goose is always there to help you out and now you are a beaver stick pro :o) Pawsome! he is always there with me too, every morning he smiles at me and I smile back... and sometimes we both roll our eyes and think OH MAN! when my staff does silly things...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya Buddy, I am very pleased to meet you
    I haf a great big smiley on my face reading about your stick saving mission, how wonderful!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, BUDDY! This is the bestest post!!! You are so right about loving and caring for your momma - those are the most important things EVER. I have a secret to tell you - I hear a voice sometimes, too. The voice tells me to jump on the sitzbank, to act silly, to do a lot of play-bowing, and to instigate fun. It sounds a lot like my great-brother Zimmie's voice to me; he taught me so much before he joined our other great-brothers and great-sisters in Heaven. I do things that are totally ME, too -- and all of it seems to make my mom and dad happy. I know your momma just wants you to be the best Buddy you can be - and it looks like you're doing a bang-up job of it!!!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Buddy, you are so handsome.
    You have that stick caring thing perfect.
    We love your big smile and your fur color, it looks so soft to cuddle with your mom.
    Happy stick hunting. :)
    xo Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Buddy you are so adorable and lucky to have found momma! And oh boy are you strong
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome once again Buddy! We are so glad that you heard "the voice" and are now savings the sticks.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Buddy, you are a very special boy indeed! I bet the Voice will be strong with you for your whole life and will teach you things it had taught us all. Welcome to Blogville my dear new friend. We are so glad you found Miss Michelle and that she found you!
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Buddy you are wise to listen to that voice. Our mom says that she believes the souls of our angel sisters live in our house and that Millie has been listening to our Angel Sister Steffi's voice a lot. There are things Millie does that only Steffi did before her and were very unique.

    We are so glad you are happy in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. BOL!!! Saving sticks is a noble job and you are very good at it! BOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hari OM
    ...and Buddy has landed!!! Blogville has it's new stickologist, who is learning in the very best way pawsible... through that inner voice!!!!!!!!!! AAaroooooooooo.. hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Buddy, you're making us all so VERY happy to see how well you're settling in. Your momma NEEDED you in her life, and I'm glad you were willing to step into Goose's pawprints. I love that you're a stick-saver just like Goose. My new sissy Jessie loves to bask in the sun and roll on her back just like my angel sissy Cinderella. That makes Momma smile so much. You'll always be your own dog, but it's wonderful how some things get passed on!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Buddy, you're making us all so VERY happy to see how well you're settling in. Your momma NEEDED you in her life, and I'm glad you were willing to step into Goose's pawprints. I love that you're a stick-saver just like Goose. My new sissy Jessie loves to bask in the sun and roll on her back just like my angel sissy Cinderella. That makes Momma smile so much. You'll always be your own dog, but it's wonderful how some things get passed on!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I's so happy you and your momma found each other!

    ReplyDelete
  20. we are just catching up, but you sound like a wonderful match for your new mom

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thats awesome and so beautiful. It brought tears to our eyes too. Heres to many many years of saving sticks!! Good job Buddy!!

    Wags
    Oreo

    ReplyDelete
  22. dood....whoa....thatz what we call...treez !!!! well...frum catz pointz oh view any way....we loved thiz fotoz shoot...high paws N headbonx.....thatz cat speech for a total lee awesum job, high paws & headbonx on running with de stix.....de thurd frum de last fotoz is mega kewl !!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. That upside down, white chin showing photo is priceless!
    Congrats on mastering beaver sticks, Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. We are smiling through tears too!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & mabel

    ReplyDelete
  25. So beautiful! The tears are falling!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a wise voice, Buddy, we are glad you listened to it!!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  27. it's a good thing you are a big strong boy as you are going to have many many sticks to save

    ReplyDelete
  28. We are so happy for you and your mama,; just makes our hearts glad to see you smile. The Gooseman certainly was directing traffic so it would all end beautifully. Welcome new furiend. Lady Caroline Lamb

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awww - you made my Mommy shed happy tears. Welcome to Blogville our new friend.

    Abby the Lab

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awww - you made my Mommy shed happy tears. Welcome to Blogville our new friend.

    Abby the Lab

    ReplyDelete
  31. You made me cry too. Oh Buddy - thanks for being such an amazing dog for our friend Michelle. And for saving all those sticks! Follow that voice. It won't lead you astray.

    ReplyDelete
  32. We don't know if we have welcomed you Buddy so let's say welcome and don't worry about filling Goose's paws you just be the best you that you can be and you will be fine. Keep saving those sticks

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh Buddy, you are a darling little boy. So glad you are saving the sticks! I am so happy you found Michelle, she needed a hiking friend, not that Bert didn't do a good job! Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete

  34. Amongst my tears - my heart is smiles. Stick loving Bud..... (Beaver Stick loving Bud) and his quick adaptation to his LARGE backyard - his hills and streams (you will get to like the coolness on those paws when the weather gets warmer again). Your Momma is the BESTEST ever. We think a Southern Gentleman can be a snuggler and cuddler as well as an ambassador for all Canine Friends. We love you and miss you Mr. Bud-A-Roo but so excited to follow you and Mom on your future journeys. She is right - You don't have paw prints to fill - Goose is happy that his and your Momma is safe and happy with you by her side.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Y'all!

    Looks like you're learning the lessons of the sticks well.

    Y'all come on by,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete