Thursday, September 3, 2015

Close Encounter

Friends.

Wednesday evening took a bit of a stroll near Gooses Rock.  It has been a trying week so far and the best medicine for that is to get out, get away, and get some peace.

How can you not find peace when this is your view?

Just a small pond high in the mountains.  I just sat myself down on a rock to take it all in.  And then...

 
And then this young male moose came through the tall grass and cattails.

At this point he sees me.

What a cutie.  He was only about 10-12 yards away.  Even though I was so close he did not seem to mind.  I just sat on my rock and he got a drink and nibbled on the tender reeds.  We can co-exist when we respect one another.  Good lesson in life.  Then later on, at another spot...

The big guy.

Check out his huge waddle, it touches the water.

I thought he had an injured eye.  But upon closer look it is just the felt from his antlers that he had been rubbing off, that's why his antlers are a bit bloody.
 
 
More to come later with more moose, deer, turkeys and other critters.  Much needed peace was found.  The rest of the week will be a breeze.
Blessings,
Michelle




19 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Am sighing deeply at the peace you have shared here Michelle - Living so close to the natural world which can be forgotten in our concrete hurly-burly is truly a salve!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. my kiind of close encounter, i am trying hard not to be jealous... all that beauty AND moose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place to find some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's so great that you have this place what brings peace and comfort whenever you need it. And to meet Mr. Moose and moose jr. was like a little gift :o) Many thanks for sharing such wonderful photos with me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great place to go when you need to find something you are looking for.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow gorgeous! We heard those moose are known for attacking. We would have run for the hills
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible! I need some nature so I'll enjoy yours vicariously (the international news has me drooping this week). Your moose photos are stunning. I pinned two of them, I hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My! Moose are just so majestic. So happy you found the peace you were looking for
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely and sending you lots of Golden LOVE <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. We totally agree that a good hike a cures multitude of ills!! What beautiful photos!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle....how cool is this !!!!! thanx for sharing ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that young one looked like this year's calf. I wonder if mom was nearby. I agree - Goose's Rock is so very peaceful.

    I love the big bull. Tis the season for shedding the velvet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a pawesome place for a walk and how exciting you got to see some Moose :) Milo & Jet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mom said she's never seen a moose but from the air in a little plane when she rented one to fly over Alaska many years ago on summer vacation. They are HUGE, she said.

    What a beautiful setting.

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW.... God has created such amazing breathing creatures. YOU are indeed one of them as your photo show some of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! That's AWESOME!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am terribly happy to scan this. this is often the sort of manual that must be and not the random info that is at the opposite blogs. Appreciate your sharing this best posting.
    Kunjungi Website
    Kunjungi Website

    ReplyDelete