Friday, May 25, 2012

Another Great Day

Belle and I had another great day.  It started with flooding the yard.  Doing some more vole patrol at church and ended with a walk with my friends.
But first let me answer a question many of you had about Voles.  They are mouse like creatures that have long front bottom teeth that are kind of scary looking.
Vole
They make under ground tails in your lawn and LOVE to eat bulbs and flowers and roots.  In the winter you do not notice the trails because they are under the snow.  But once the snow melts it's like a winding race track across your lawn and in your flower beds.  Imagine being in a helicopter above a big city freeway system with all the road going every which way.  That's what a yard can look like if you have voles.
This is a small example of a vole highway.

And now on to the great day.

What are Belle and I looking at?

A Cat

The stock is under way

I think I have pretty good form

No cat was harmed in the chase

Belle kept a close eye on this guy.  He kept stealing our Cheetos

Then it was off to the fort with my friends
(Click on this photo to see all my friends wonderful faces closer)

Belle, like Bert, loves the water.  She is not crazy loco about it like him, but still she enjoys it

Do I even have to say it?  Oh ok, STICK

I can always count on Murphy to join in the stick chewing while the other pups jump and splash in the pond

That is until Bert decided he wants Murphy's stick

Belle kept us all safe as we chewed sticks and played in the water.  There is NO WAY a squirrel will fly in from above to disrupt our fun. Belle is the squirrel eradicater  supreme

  The group shot.  Can you tell I am ready to GO?

And go I did, with my favorite gal pal down the woods path

Belle: "Goose this has been a wonderful day, thank you."  
Goose: "Belle you are so welcome.  It's always a better and more beautiful day if I get to share it with you.  Tomorrow lets just kick back and see what comes our way."

Blessings,
Goose

17 comments:

  1. You really got some wonderful group shots. Love them. Sounds like a great day with pals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fun with all your friends, Goose. The group shot is just amazing. How you get all of those pups to sit is beyond Mom.

    We had a kitty on our front walkway yesterday. Mom saw it, but the darn gates in the house keep us from the front door - we would all have been in stalking mode too.

    Have a good weekend.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like another great day with friends. I don't know how you can get all those pups to sit still while you take those group shots. I can't get my 2 to sit for nothing!! Have a great holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we can not believe that group shot!! BOL
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahoo Goose, such a good time. My Vickie says that I stink though. I don't recall getting in any stinky mud, do you? My Vickie also said, your pictures turned out great and hers were, well, the word she used was not "Crappy"

    I'll see you in church tomorrow night. I just love "Bring your dog to church" night.

    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your gang always have such a great time together! What a fun day.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Goose, Looks like you had such fun! Hunter loves playing with his furcousin Lily but some of the bigger dogs are a little rough. Maybe as he gets older, he won't be so timid-but I may still be.
    Have a wonderful weekend, tell your mom to have fun too.
    Happy Paws, Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Goose , the group shot , how did you get them all to stay put. Looks like a nice time was had with the gang. As for voles less of a problem than the moles here. Wow a cat chase. Have a nice weekend.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. We were wondering about those critters. Looks like you had lots of fun at the fort yesterday! Our peeps are going to try and bring us next week.

    Your friends,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the interesting information about the vole, Goose!!
    Stewey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goose, I love your journeys and seeing things through your eyes. You do have great form and I am so glad you have Belle to spend it with. I just read Berts comment and you get to go to church?? Wow that is so cool, I never get to do that, well except one time a year when we get blessed for St. Francis. You are a lucky pup

    Loveys Sasha

    p.s. Happy Memorial Day

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Goose, thanks for the info about Voles. They look kinda sweet though. Another great day with all your friends. Life is good. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your fort with all those friends looks like a blast, and chasing CAT you got that right, we just can't help ourselves either, we never catch them, but it sure is fun,they are fast.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow i am so glad we dont have voles like that round where my garden is or id be gutted if they did that to my grass. no wonder you guys like to hunt em down and give em what for :)
    sounds very much like the moles my mum gets in her garden sometimes. when my dad was alive he would sit watching the garden from inside and as soon as he saw the ground move he would fly up the stairs to get his shotgun and creep outside and stand over the spot he'd seen moving and wait for movement again and then he would blast them to bits and then dig like crazy to see if anything was dead, sometimes it just stunned them cos they were quite deep and he would have to finish them off :) thats one of my funniest memories of my dad, he was a strange one :D he he

    ReplyDelete
  15. So that's a vole?!? That's so intriguing. Their vole highways are fascinating. Good work Goose and Belle! The picture of all them in the GIANT stick (also known as a tree trunk) was hysterical and awesome. Belle, you do a real good job keeping the squirrels at bay. Was it possible you were praying? It sort of looks like you're calling to the high heavens for peace. Hee, hee! I love the way Goose and Belle are so kind to each other. There's so much seeing beautiful!

    ReplyDelete