Sunday, August 28, 2016

No Match for Us

Hey All.

On Saturday I had a backyard pool party at my house.  You know when I get to flood my yard so the grass grows green.  I called up Bert and asked him to come over and to bring his siblings.  I swear he was over to my house before I hung up the phone.  When he got there I told him my momma had a surprise for us, for me and him.

And here it is a GIANT tennis ball!!!!! 

For those of you who know my pal Bert know that he is not allowed to have tennis balls, something about swallowing them and then having to have surgery (like 87 times now).  So the only ball Bert can play with is this red ball.  He can't break it open and swallow it.  Oh but how my pal LOVES tennis balls (me too).  So momma found this big old tennis ball that the advertisement said was "Indestructible".  'Perfect' she thought. 

I gave it a good shake.  So far so good.

Momma tossed the ball out into my backyard pool and Bert and I would chase it.  So so so much fun!

It even floats in water.

Then 87 seconds later we put a hole in Wilson.  Giant tennis ball was no match for us.

Yep 87 seconds, one of the best 87 seconds of our lives.  And you know what????  Flat tennis ball is almost as fun as a tennis ball with out a hole in it.

Flat tennis ball is almost as fun as a tennis ball with out a hole in it.

Blessings,
Buddy

Last time I told you about my back yard pool and how momma and I flood our yard every 7 1/2 days someone asked "WHAT?"  I forgot to answer that question.  So here is the answer.  We use flood irrigation to water our yard.  That means there is a ditch (ours is covered and is a big pipe under ground).  At the back of the yard we have a gate that we open up and the water flows into my yard.  Several of our neighbors do the same thing.  Each person pays for shares and depending on how many shares you pay for determines how long you get the water on you day.  We get 5 hours and 15 minutes.  Depending on water flow momma can get our yard flooded in about 2 to 3 hours.  When we are done we close our gate and open the main gate to flow down to our neighbor to use.



14 comments:

  1. toys what last furever are boring, and such a flat Mr. Wilson makes a super toy too! I like the way to flood the back yard... your lawn looks still great while mine looks like a desert... although I water it efurryday :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a blast for 87 seconds watching you two destroy the giant ball ... loved every second and I am totally impressed with how you water. Wow. what a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    what an interesting system - and it surely works well!!! Well done on the deflation and yet again proving there can never be any human claim of indestructability! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all sure had a fun time playing in your pool. Wilson was no match for you two though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD a pool of water and wilson, nothing better than that for a happy weekend with friends.
    xo Astro

    ReplyDelete
  6. that must be so much fun to run around that flooded yard - at least you got 87 seconds of fun with the new ball

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so cute together. You had so much fun with the tennis ball and the pictures are so nice and bright. keep sharing more!!!
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy macaroni now that's a pool........lake?? Pawrty
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  9. That ball never had a chance! Did your mom ever get you a beach ball?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! I'm not surprised that Bert was there before he hung up the phone. What a COOL huge tennis ball :) I'm glad that you had those 87 seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the flooding explanation! Happy grass AND happy dogs, what a neat watering system and a good use of excess water! So sorry that the ball didn't last a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This blog post is about pet and specially about dog. Dog is very lovely pet it can be your best friends and companion and beside this for the security it perform great job it also played with you.today urdu news is great source of lates information in urdu language.

    ReplyDelete